Friday, May 8, 2009

It's Finally Friday!!

Y'all have no idea how glad I am that it's finally Friday!! Granted, I have to work tonight & all weekend, but I don't have to worry about rushing to get the kids ready for school. So, speaking of work, I am the Senior Beauty Advisor at a Walgreens store. I began working there Nov. 11, 2008 as one of the front cashiers. I had never worked in retail before & I was surprised at how much really goes into it. Working the front of the store is nowhere near as demanding as working in the cosmetics or photo departments. When you're running the front register, you basically have to stay there. In cos & photo, we have to help unload & sort the trucks, then we have to stock our departments. We also have to make sure we're keeping the customers happy while doing this. Some days I'd just love to hide in the stockroom until it's all over. Thankfully those days are few & far between. Another part of my job is doing resets & revisions. A reset is where an entire section of the department in broken down, discontinued products are removed, everything is put back together, & new products are put in place. A revision is where just a few things are moved around to make room for a new product. I enjoy resets about as much as I enjoy going to the dentist. Most days though, my job is pretty fun. I have great coworkers & managers, most of the customers are nice (yes once in a while I have one who I just want to slap), & there's something different to do every day. Plus, I get free product samples. So anyway, I'm looking forward to work tonight. I enjoy closing, but I don't like the fact that I don't get to spend time with my kids at night, especially if it's on a school night, tonight they'll be waiting up for me. I think that's about it for now, I'm meeting Matt (that's my wonderful hubby) at Sportsman Warehouse in a little while & I might take him out to lunch if we have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment